1. Age and Geographic limits.
Within Australia, it is an offence:
To supply alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years.
For a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor.
You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in Australia to register for this site. By registering at Plonkon, you are acknowledging that you are 18 years or over.
Additionally, to buy wine via the website, the buyer must be located within Australia and specify a delivery address within Australia.
By placing an order, the buyer confirms they are at least 18 years of age and accepts the terms and conditions of this site and, should you make a purchase through this site, you also agree with the terms and conditions of the supplying winery.
2. Supply limitations within Australia
Alcohol is prohibited in some areas of Australia, designated as Dry Areas. Due to Dry Area restrictions, delivery of wine is not possible to all parts of Australia. Do not order wine through this site where it is intended to be delivered to or carried to an alcohol restricted Dry Area.
3. Specific Supply Terms and Conditions
Wines offered through Plonkon are genuine winery direct offers. Please refer to the website of the supplying winery for specific supply terms and conditions. For a wine offer to appear on the Plonkon website, the supplying winery has agreed to some terms and conditions relating to the placement of their wine offer to the Plonkon database. However, Plonkon is not the seller of the wine and therefore the terms and conditions that apply to matters such as delivery timeframes, delivery problems, quality issues and the like are supplied according to the terms and conditions of the supplying winery. Please read the terms and conditions relating to conditions of sale available from the website of supplying winery, or if not available at the supplying winery website, please contact the winery directly for their sale and supply terms and conditions.
4. General Terms and Conditions
For a wine offer to appear on the Plonkon website, the supplying winery has agreed to some general terms and conditions that all wineries offering their wines through Plonkon must agree to. Included in these general terms and conditions are:
- All wine deals offered through Plonkon are unique to Plonkon during the time that the offer is available through Plonkon. Furthermore, the supplying winery agrees that they will not present the same offer in any electronic form for a period not less than 3 months after they have made an offer to the Plonkon database.
- All wineries agree to offer a wine price that is inclusive of postage, handling and taxes so that the wine price offered on the Plonkon home page is the all inclusive price paid by a customer at the checkout.
- Unless otherwise specified, the winery will dispatch the ordered wine within 7 days of the order being placed.
- Each winery prepares the core information about themselves and about the wines that they are offering for sale, including the tasting notes. The winery agrees to take care in what information they present so that consumers may gain an understanding as to what is being offered. Consumers are asked to pay particular attention to the tasting notes so that customer satisfaction can be maximised. For example; If you only drink sweet, do not buy a wine for yourself that uses tasting note terms such as ‘crisp and dry’ or if you do not enjoy aged wines, avoid buying wines for yourself that refer to terms such as ‘mature’.
- Each offer is limited by time and availability. The volume limit is determined by the supplying winery. The time limit is determined by the programmers at Plonkon. Subject to stock availability, the minimum time that an offer will be made available is 3 days.
5. General purchase and delivery terms and conditions.
- Subject to availability, purchasers may make multiple purchases of the same wine offer in a single transaction.
- It is not possible to purchase wines from multiple deals being offered through Plonkon in a single transaction. Orders through Plonkon are genuinely winery direct, each order placed through Plonkon goes directly to the supplying winery.
- The winery will supply the ordered wine to the nominated delivery address provided at time of order.
- It is possible to nominate a delivery address that is different to the purchasers address.
- All delivery addresses provided must be to addresses within Australia where it is legal to send alcohol.
- Please ensure that your delivery address is correct as additional charges may be applied if your order is to be redirected.
- In most circumstances, orders should be received within 2 weeks of order completion.
- Most wine is delivered by Australia Post. It is common that, if the delivery address is unattended, a card will be placed in the letterbox advising you that the wine is available for collection from your Post Office. Please attend to the collection of your wine order in a timely manner to minimize the chance of Australia Post returning the uncollected wine to the supplying winery. If a wine is returned due to the fact is has not been picked up from Post Office or because of an error in the supplied delivery address details, additional delivery charges may apply.
- Delivery times to rural areas may be greater than delivery times to metropolitan locations.
- If you are waiting for a wine to be delivered and two weeks have passed from the time of order placement, please check with your local Post Office to see if they are holding the wine prior to contacting the supplying winery.
- If there is a problem with delivery or the condition of a received wine and the purchaser wishes to address the problem, the purchaser is required to take up the query with the winery directly. Do not contact Plonkon under such circumstances.
- If buying wine as a gift, the recipient must also be at least 18 years of age
Plonkon is an ‘opt in’ website. You may unsubscribe from receiving Plonkon newsletters at any time.
Plonkon does not store any of your Payment Details therefore you will be required to enter your payment details with every transaction.
Plonkon accepts payment through PAYPAL. Once a purchase is ready to be finalised, the purchaser will be directed to PAYPAL to make the payment for the goods.
8. Electronic Liability
Plonkon is not liable for any damage on your computer caused by viruses, worms, Spyware programs or likewise because of connecting to our website. Please ensure that your anti-virus software, firewalls and other protection programs are kept up to date.
Plonkon may update the Terms & Conditions without notice to you. The relevant applicable Terms & Conditions are those that are in force at the time of delivery of your order.